Avalanche is one of the fastest and most scalable layer-1 smart contract platforms in the crypto industry, home to users, developers, and institutions seeking to build on its ecosystem.
The Avalanche ecosystem consists of hundreds of decentralized applications of all kinds: GameFi, DeFi, yield farming, and NFTs. This last particular market has been proliferating on Avalanche, and that’s why we’ll be looking at the best NFT marketplaces on AVAX.
Joepegs is the leading NFT marketplace on Avalanche. It was launched on May 5th, 2022, by Trader Joe, the biggest automated market maker (AMM) on the Avalanche ecosystem.
Joepegs is home to nearly 300 NFT projects of all kinds, and it’s now the dominating NFT trading platform with almost 50% of the AVAX NFT market share, according to Dune Analytics.
What Makes Joepegs Valuable?
Joepegs allows users to create, share, buy and sell NFTs on its platform, but it also has a few unique features that make it stand out from the rest:
- LaunchPEG: an NFT launchpad with a higher capability of minting collections in Dutch auctions (setting a high price until it decreases to a reasonable price and someone takes the bid), ascending auctions, or regular Flat mints.
- Whitelist: Joepegs allows creators to whitelist wallet addresses of valued community members to receive exclusive benefits, such as price discounts during drop dates.
- Batch Reveal: this feature allows creators to delay their NFT collections until the time they choose when the launch-day atmosphere is right and supports price floors in the short term.
- Artist support: Joepegs has a contract creation service to assist creators with unfamiliar or little Web3 experience. The contracts are flexible and beginner-friendly, allowing artists to set collection parameters to build and promote their NFTs.
- Collection Tiers: Joepegs divides collections into three tiers: Unverified: little exposure and search-only; Verified: authenticated projects that meet baseline metrics; Gold Tier: NFT projects that exceed performance standards are highlighted as the premium collections on the homepage.
Joepegs allows users to search projects based on rarity, volume, and tier. Listings are performed off-chain, eliminating the need for users to submit a transaction when listing their NFTs.
The marketplace has a Launch Partner feature that allows acclaimed artists and projects to showcase their NFT collections with zero commission fees; some are Firat, Eternity, and The Person
Kalao is the second-largest NFT marketplace on the Avax ecosystem that allows artists and users to buy, sell and mint their NFT collections.
The marketplace allows users to search for hundreds of collections based on different categories, from games, collectibles, art, etc., and filter by top volume, trending and recently created.
Like Joepegs, Kalao offers Kalao Go, an NFT launchpad for artists and projects with all the necessary resources and assistance to build their collections, such as smart contracts, minting page, co-marketing, and advisory with no upfront nor performance fees.
The V2 of the Kalao marketplace comes with new features for its users, such as an intuitive UX with features similar to e-commerce platforms, like an add-to-cart feature, checkout, card integration; an advanced set of analytics tools to identify and track trending NFT collections, and features such as trait bidding and collections offer to enhance liquidity.
The Kalao Vision and Kalao Citadel
One feature that makes the marketplace stand out is Kalao Vision: an application that allows users to showcase their NFT collections in their own personalised VR galleries. Interested users can then make bids directly in-app (also available for PC).
As part of the Kalao Vision, the Kalao Citadel is Kalao’s metaverse platform. This is an immersive 3D environment where the Kalao and the Avalanche community can meet and interact socially, chat via text and voice, explore NFT galleries, and interact with Avalanche protocols.
Campfire is a community-focused, multi-chain NFT marketplace on Avalanche and the Fantom blockchain. The platform allows users to search and filter through hundreds of NFT collections by categories, top volume, top collections, recently created, and more. It’s currently the third-largest in terms of market share.
Campfire has a community-first approach, providing users with a beginner-friendly interface with numerous features that highly improve the user experience. Users can fully customise their profiles within the platform and manage what they see with the News section. They can also add friends, see their personal NFT collections, buy from them, or follow NFT influencers and the latest trends.
Being a multi-chain platform, Campfire allows users to trade Fantom artwork in addition to Avalanche NFTs. Users can also stake their NFTs and earn 1% of all sales on the Campfire platform.
NFTrade describes itself as the first decentralised cross-chain NFT platform. It essentially works as an aggregator of all NFT marketplaces across all chains, allowing users to buy, sell, create and leverage NFTs from different ecosystems.
The NFTrade platform provides multiple features besides just minting and selling NFTs:
- NFT Aggregator: this function allows users to launch their NFT projects across multiple blockchains and platforms. The sales information is collected and moved to a secondary marketplace, improving liquidity for NFT trading and providing a more accessible market for everyone through a single application.
- NFT Farming: similar to yield farming, except that instead of users being rewarded with the staked cryptocurrency, they receive different types of NFT assets, which can range from utility-based NFTs to collectibles. The rewarded NFT will depend on the NFT being staked, the use case of the project, and what the development team considers as a proper reward.
- Escrowed P2P Swaps: allows users to swap NFT items and assets peer-to-peer, navigate a gaming world, and interact with other users directly.
- NFT Launchpad: a way to introduce high-quality projects into the NFTrade ecosystem. The launchpad development team works directly with new projects, reviewing their use cases, proposals, and infrastructure and essentially ensuring they meet the community standards.
Closing Thoughts – The Thriving AVAX NFT Ecosystem
The Avalanche ecosystem is one of the top 10 blockchains in the industry and home to hundreds of DApps and projects on the Avalanche network, so it should be no surprise that its NFT market share is growing tremendously.
Avalanche is often paired with the Ethereum Killers —layer-1 platforms that offer similar features to Ethereum but with greater network capacity. With its infrastructure, Avalanche has the potential to outrank NFT platforms for an extended period.
Check out other Research!
Get to know more about NFT and tutorials at OmniMint. For more information on OmniMint, and details on how to join our community, please follow our Twitter, or subscribe to our Telegram channel for more updates and please feel free to submit your article.