MG Motor India becomes the first carmaker in India to launch its own Metaverse platform, the “MGVerse.” It will be a total AR/VR platform for anyone connected to MG Motor.
MG Motor India has announced the development of “MGVerse,” its own Metaverse platform, which the company plans to bring everyone connected to the industry together. MG Motor India openly acknowledging the potential of the ever-evolving virtual world is a first.
It’s also the first time a huge corporation in the automotive industry plans to establish a presence in the Web3 space. Although the platform hasn’t been launched yet as it is still under development, a spokesperson for MG Motor shared the four-fold goal of MGVerse:
- To connect the partners, patrons, and workforce
- To be a complete “universe” where people can interact and collaborate
- To allow anyone to collaborate for AR/VR experience, gaming, development, and more
- To promote various socialization aspects among users
How MGVerse Will Benefit Customers
The vision for MGVerse is simple—it will combine the multiple virtual spaces of MG Motor into a single platform. The entire MGVerse will have five key sectors, although other sectors could be added in the future. However, MGVerse’s sectors will primarily focus on employees and partners.
“MGverse is our vision for creating our Metaverse, in which we and our partners will constantly explore, innovate, improvise, and develop new solutions to enhance the customer experience in the future consistently,” said Gaurav Gupta, MG Motor India’s Chief Commercial Officer. These five sectors will include:
- Explore And Creator’s Center—This is where users can create, personalize, and accessorize their favorite MG vehicle in the Metaverse. The AR/VR aspect would allow customers to test drive the car virtually across different cities and streets. Booking MG cars, choosing real-life test drives, and other customer-oriented services will also be available here.
- NFT Gallery—MG Motor eventually plans to create and launch NFTs, so this is the dedicated section for such. Users can see MG’s collections on display here, including premium cars, NFTs, and more. This part may also have a marketplace for NFT transactions and a way for users to create and mint unique NFTs.
- MG Car Club—This is an exclusive platform for patrons and stakeholders of MG Motor. However, since this will be in MGVerse, members would be able to connect and engage with each other apart from gaining exclusive access to events, concerts, and other members-only perks like exclusive NFT drops and airdrops, merchandise, and more.
- Gaming Arena—This gaming area will probably be dedicated to MG’s racing history; thus, users can use MG cars to race on selected race tracks. There may also be other mini- and full-scale games under development, targeting the younger car users.
- MG Knowledge Center—This sector will function similarly to e-learning or digital classes. There will be digital seminars, conferences, virtual training sessions, and more that users can attend.
Accessibility of MGVerse
There is little information on which blockchain technology MG Motor India will incorporate, if they even plan on using it. What is clear is that MGVerse will be accessible on smartphones and web browsers.
However, MG Motor is known to be a forward-thinking enterprise that has launched various curated solutions to enhance customer experience. Hence, MGVerse will undoubtedly provide its users with a premium-quality experience.
Moreover, MG Motor India’s bold journey into the Web3 space could serve as a wake-up call to other automobile companies to embrace the Web3 space or launch their own Metaverses to enhance customer experience.
Get more news updates
Get more NFT news updates at Omnimint News. For more information on Omnimint, and details on how to join our community, please follow our Twitter, or subscribe to our Telegram channel for more updates, and please feel free to submit your article.